photo home-26.png photo about-30.png photo shop-9.png photo sponsor-4.png photo content.png


Monday, September 15, 2014

Sunday in Soho

 Overalls: Zara (similar here, here and here) // Shirt: J.Crew  // Shoes: Paul Andrew (similar here) // Bag: Gucci // Lips: NARS 'Yu' // Sunnies: Italia Indpendent

My last Sunday at NYFW Lauren and I went for a quick coffee and shopping stroll in Soho. After a fun packed trip of absorbing an eye-full of seriously inspiring street style, it lead me to conclude that the perfect wardrobe is really achieved by striking the right balance between trends and staples. Is it is just me, or do you often feel guilty for over-embracing something trendy? And when does a trend find its way into staple world? Fashionable women can spend their whole shopping existences trying to achieve the perfect wardrobe ratio. 

The question of this season's overalls have brought this struggle to the forefront of my mind. I really love my overalls, an item that initially entered into my closet as a bit of trendy fun. However, due to their comfort and versatility, the urge to purchase multiples set in. I hesitated getting black ones since I already had a classic blue jean pair and a short leather pair (last seen here and here.)  

As it turns out, these feelings of hesitation were completely unfounded. The black ones are so chic and perfect for fall, I have a million ideas swirling in my head of how to wear them. My absolute favorite way to style overalls is to have everything else in the outfit be as ladylike as possible to create contrast with the worker inspired piece. This ensemble would also be great for casual friday, especially with the addition of a blazer. 

So basically, I have concluded that multiples in the trend arena are okay, as long as they play well with all (ok, most) of your staples. At least that is what I am telling myself. I hope everyone has a great Monday, and thank you as always for reading.



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you paired this with the white collared shirt. And, how it's all the way buttoned. It's seriously so chic and I want to copy it exactly!

    muah!

    http://urbanstile.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect way to wear overalls, and they are very tricky pieces, but I love how you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very few overalls look this chic. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed reading your take on trends vs staples. I haven't embraced the overall trend on myself, but have really loved it on a few people- you being one! I think you will get a lot of use out of these black overalls. Great styling, as always. Those shoes are so perfect with this look!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k